1. Venison chili. Chili is the perfect, hearty meal for any Halloween treat. I like to make mine with Venison Sausage or Elk, as my dad hunts and brings us clean, unprocessed, happy meat to cook with. Would you like the recipe?
• If you're not into red meat, make chili with ground turkey or roasted chicken.
• For veggie chili, make a vegetarian or vegan version using tofu, or hot beans and rice.
2. Paint your nails! Or go just a bit past the usual "making up." I like this FACE Stockholm shade of nail polish, Ruby Slipper.
• Sparkly eyeshadow! Try NYX Glitter Cream Palette.
• Hot red lips, like So Chaud from MAC.
3. Watch Hocus Pocus. For Assemble gals, this is a must. Plus, it's always on TV on Halloween night. Don't snub the Family Channel, folks! (Rumor has it--and you heard it here first--they're developing a Hocus Pocus 2!)
• For a classy take for those who like to get spooked, enjoy Hitchcock's Psycho or Vertigo.
• For the young at heart, don't forget about It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! Usually on tv as well, this is my favorite autumn charmer. Watch for my favorite line delivery when Lucy says "all right, all right, let's BOB for apples."
• Need a reminder of what Johnny Depp was before he grossed us out as Willy Wonka? Watch the darkly, romantic Edward Scissorhands for some much needed young Johnny.
4. Eat some candy, obviously! Try to go easy, but tonight's the night to indulge. My favorite addiction is Tootsie Rolls.
• Mini Snickers.
• Those big orange marshmallows shaped like peanuts (if you're into that sort of thing....).
5. Don't forget to have yourself a hot mug of something. Whether it's our Hot Toddy, a lovely mulled wine or cider, definitely do!
• Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Rooibos Tea
• Hot Chocolate!
What are you going to do tonight?