Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Andie's "I'm Sick" Kit

The only thing worse than being sick in the winter, is being sick in the summer. So, I'm just going to go ahead and be happy about the fact that it's winter. I'm allowed to be cozy, wear slippers and drink hot beverages.

I have to admit, I expected this. We've been working really hard to get our crafting kits finished, and right as I wound down my most imperative part (the instruction booklets) my body took in a sigh of relief and said, "thank goodness! Now I can get sick!" And so, it did. Take a look below for my "I'm Sick" kit. What's in yours?

i'm sick kit

1. I don't know what it is about scarves and being sick, but that's what I want to wear. All the time. Let's just say I wish they were cashmere. Check this one out from J. Crew, $110.

2. Coffee. I know they say tea is better, but I'm one of those people that even when we're sick, I need to be doing something productive. Yesterday, I spent the day scrubbing my kitchen ceiling with a 99.8° fever! Coffee helps me do this. If I drank tea, I'd just sleep all day and lose valuable time!!

3. A warm puppy. When sleep does come a'calling, I have my little warm dog to snuggle up to (if she's not growling at me for moving her). Grady's average temperature is around 102°, making her the perfect heated pillow. Plus, she's always up for a nap.

4. Chicken pho. Oh my, how do I love this stuff. It is so much better than chicken noodle soup, because it tastes fresher with rice noodles in place of pasta noodles. Nothing is more comforting than a hot bowl of chicken pho.

5. A good read. I'm in the middle of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. It is just a delight. I highly recommend a book that is introspective, yet positive. This one is just perfect for a day curled up on the couch.

What's in your "I'm Sick" kit?

Blogging tips