Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Successful Home Office: Accessories

I'll admit it. I'm a little bit preoccupied with designing and decorating my workspace because I have a feeling that I'm avoiding starting my "work-at-home" time before our studio is ready. Lately, it's amazing: groceries are stocked, dishes are done, beds are made--everything is completed before I sit down and actually get things done. This is good AND bad, especially for the fact that I'm ready to sit down around 5pm. Whoops.

Regardless, I have been having lots of fun stocking my little area with things to make me happy (we are in the business of happiness, remember?).

Here are a few of the things I've picked up lately to make my office area sparkle. Feel free to take notes, tee hee!

a perfect home office washi tape colored pencils moleskine kikkerland dog stapler

1. My stapler got lost in the move. Actually, I'm just using that as an excuse. It's probably right there in our collective studio waiting for me, but I wanted this one: the Kikkerland Red Dog Stapler. It's so cute! And only $6, how can that be?

2. Tons and tons of Kieurig cups. My husband received a Kieurig for his birthday and we have been highly caffeinated for the last several days. Also, we were gifted an insane amount of refill cups of everything from tea to cider to hot chocolate. I could start a coffee shop in here...that's not a bad idea..

3. Now the real accomplishment will be actually using this thing: the bright orangey-yellow Moleskine 2013 Weekly Planner. Yum.

4. For the Kieurig cups! I have tons of these Pantone Mugs in the cabinet, but lately I've been using Basil. Basil is soothing. Basil is the color of calm.

5. Washi tape! Washi tape! Oh how I love it. Available at any International Bookstore, Japanese dollar store, on Etsy or anywhere that sells amazingly cute supplies. eek!

6. Brand new business cards. I have had a new name for 7 months. It's time for a new business card + with a brand new PO box address: Assemble Shop & Studio, Po Box 30904, Seattle WA 98113.

7. My favorite pens are these mini Pilot G4s. They write perfectly, and even have a way of making my creative notebook's chicken-scratch look somewhat appealing. Plus, they're adorable! Grab some on the Pilot website.

8. To go with the Kikkerland stapler! Perfectly white staples from Rapid.

9. And last but not least, a pipe dream item. This IROJITEN Colored Pencil Set is packaged impeccably, with colors ranging from Hummingbird to Cedar Wood. I'm not sure how to get my hands on these in the US, but let's just admire them from afar at the moment.

Anyone else have any fun office treats you'd like to share?

Images as linked above.

Blogging tips