We sell beautiful products made by mindful, thoughtful designers and teach crafting techniques. No one NEEDS these things to survive and live, so what business are we in exactly? We are in the business of happiness. We love having folks come into our shop and to our website and squeal with delight at the little treasures they find that make them smile. And in the scheme of things, isn't that just as important?
This morning, I watched a documentary entitled Happy. It was so interesting learning about the elements that make up a human's happiness. So, I'm getting down to the simple things. Things that are pretty, things that I just like. Here are a few of them:
1. Matchbook Magazine: Matchbook is a monthly online-magazine that details everything about a beautiful life. Profiles of successful designers, makers and doers, plus fashion, factoids and articles make this one a favorite of mine to devour in twenty minutes.
2. A friend of ours owns and operates Bananafish Studios, and her stamp collection is inspiring and definitely happy. One of my new favorites is this "Today" stamp. Make a list, remind yourself to live in the moment, or document your day. Coming soon, $2.50
3. Coffee. Isn't this stuff just great? I like to mix it with Chocolate Soy milk. Mmmm.
4. Fiesta Ware has a brand new color: Flamingo! So cheerful and oh-so-chic.
5. The Small Object (new products coming soon in our shop!) has a new product out: this sparkly Gold Heart Pin, $12. From Sarah of TSO, "I created this heart pin for me. I needed it--a super sparkly gold glitter glitzy pin for my lapel to spread the love with whomever set their sights on me that day. It's like imaginary fairy dust folks and it feels good. Dress up the night! Shine on!"