I have to admit, I expected this. We've been working really hard to get our crafting kits finished, and right as I wound down my most imperative part (the instruction booklets) my body took in a sigh of relief and said, "thank goodness! Now I can get sick!" And so, it did. Take a look below for my "I'm Sick" kit. What's in yours?
1. I don't know what it is about scarves and being sick, but that's what I want to wear. All the time. Let's just say I wish they were cashmere. Check this one out from J. Crew, $110.
2. Coffee. I know they say tea is better, but I'm one of those people that even when we're sick, I need to be doing something productive. Yesterday, I spent the day scrubbing my kitchen ceiling with a 99.8° fever! Coffee helps me do this. If I drank tea, I'd just sleep all day and lose valuable time!!
3. A warm puppy. When sleep does come a'calling, I have my little warm dog to snuggle up to (if she's not growling at me for moving her). Grady's average temperature is around 102°, making her the perfect heated pillow. Plus, she's always up for a nap.
4. Chicken pho. Oh my, how do I love this stuff. It is so much better than chicken noodle soup, because it tastes fresher with rice noodles in place of pasta noodles. Nothing is more comforting than a hot bowl of chicken pho.
5. A good read. I'm in the middle of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. It is just a delight. I highly recommend a book that is introspective, yet positive. This one is just perfect for a day curled up on the couch.
What's in your "I'm Sick" kit?