Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Repost from Neatloaf: Magnet Grocery List

This is an old post from before we got our snazzy camera, when we were clacking away at typewriters to post on our Neatloaf blog (okay, okay, we used computers). Emily had fun making a magnetic grocery list. Check it out:

As promised, I tried my hand a set of my own grocery list magnets. Here's what I did:

1. Make 1 1/2 inch circles in whatever program works for you. Have fun coloring and adding text. I could have spent all day tweaking the colors for milk and eggs! I went with 18pt Tahoma type.


2. Punch out your paper with a 1 1/8 inch circle punch. You'll need the whole button-maker setup, which I realize isn't in everyone's studio. We get our supplies here. Instead of pin-backs, I used magnet circles. (If you like this general idea, but are looking for less of an investment, try printing your "swatches" directly onto inkjet magnet paper and cut out by hand.)


3. Line 'em up and admire! I set out to make only a few magnets, but to make the "grocery list" even remotely functional, you'll need to have at least one or two dozen to cover most pantry staples. 


I could definitely see making sets of these as hostess gifts!


Blogging tips