Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Recipe: Easy Peasy Quickie Guacamole

recipe for easy three step guacamole

I don't know about you, but my house has been filled with the sounds of endless football games for the last several months. Not that I mind, but if my husband is going to be watching five games a day (or so it seems), I want him to be able to have some healthy snacks along with his giant IPAs. I decided to teach him a super simple way to make homemade guacamole in less than five minutes with three ingredients: easy enough for him to make it whenever he pleases.

There are lots of ways to make guacamole. The more gourmet include several spices like cayenne, cumin and chili pepper, different types of onions, lime and garlic. These are all well and good, but I can't imagine my husband measuring out spices. So, here's my tried and true, easy peasy, quickie recipe for guacamole. You need only three ingredients (and tortilla chips of course).

recipe for easy three step guacamole

Ingredients:
• 2 avocados
• 1/2 cup salsa of your choice
• salt to taste (I use about 1/2 teaspoon)

Directions:
Wash and peel your avocados, then split them in half and remove the pit. Slice them into small pieces, and mash them with a fork or a potato masher.

recipe for easy three step guacamole
recipe for easy three step guacamole

Add salsa and salt, then stir/mash until even. Done! (Add minced red onions if you need more of a kick). Serve with a frosty beer, or in my case, a New Year's flute of Prosecco. Cheers!


Blogging tips