Here's what you'll need:
• 1 lb. ground protein. I used venison sausage, but you can use turkey, pork sausage, beef, tofu, or extra beans!
• 1 small chopped onion
• 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
• 2 cans (30 oz.) tomato sauce
• 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans
• 1/3 cup red lentils
• 1 cup water
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• salt and pepper to taste
Dice onions, and sautee them over medium heat with a touch of olive oil or cooking spray.
Add protein and brown.
Place entire mixture into crock pot and cook on low for three hours. If you are using a stove top pot, cook on medium for about an hour or until lentils are soft.
Serve with over rice, with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Voila! Num, num. What's your favorite autumn recipe?